Six themes have been identified in music technology
- Narrative – are we doing what we can to bring clarity to the debate around music technology in education?
- Quality – outcomes for learners, resources, staying connected to latest developments, staying in touch with wider stakeholders.
- CPD – teachers need support to deal with unique aspects of music technology.
- Pace of change – are we keeping up?
- Barriers – music technology can remove barriers, but what barriers still exist?
The working group will identify / develop actions stemming from the themes
Members are encouraged to submit details of activity which they believe fits within this focus area
Responses were submitted to the DfE/Ofqual music technology A level consultations. See the responses here. As a result we were invited to attend a meeting at the DfE to discuss our concerns. From this we secured the chance to submit an amended proposal document – see the covering letter here and amended proposal document here.